- Rebooting Basics
- Tools for Change
- Porn FAQs
- ED & Porn
- Gary's Page
- ? Studies
Support, Forums, Websites, Books
Submitted by Gary Wilson and... on Sun, 11/28/2010 - 18:13
There is no forum on this website. Note: If you seek help from a therapist or doctor, you may want to educate him/her first about some of the symptoms heavy porn users are reporting.
Recovering from an addiction is very tough to do on your own, or solely with a partner who is (understandably) feeling resentful. Said one forum member:
I've had good experiences with my local Sex Addicts Anonymous meetings (http://saa-recovery.org/), and the meetings will help you connect with others, and also heal shame that you feel about yourself. Opening up to a group of non-judging folks is incredibly healing, and I highly recommend you check out wherever you live. There are also telephone meetings which are great, and allow you to connect with people all over the world. I'm going to join one of these myself.
A support group is a great way to form close, sincere friendships. Recovering users benefit enormously from exchanging tips and support with others. Many of the following sites have forums, meetings and recovery programs.
Non 12-Step Forums:
- Your Brain Rebalanced - A forum well versed in the material found on this site. Start your own blog, discuss rebooting, post, ask questions, share, and get support.
- NoFap.org It has its own forum and is synched up with Reddit's Reddit/NoFap (below). Find an Accountability Partner. Accountability Partners are pairs who hold each other accountable during the NoFap Challenge. Create a Journal thread. Strict NSFW filtering.
- NoFap subreddit - Very active forum on reddit. Most members seem to be dealing with porn addiction, but not all. A quote from a moderator:
"NoFap did initially start out with its main focus as a challenge to see who could go at least a week without fapping, and then snowballed into who could go for a month. So to say it's only for people who are damaged by fapping & internet porn excludes a fair portion of people that are here."
- Origins of the NoFap movement: Know Your Meme - NoFap
- Reddit - PornFree subreddit - Community to help those with porn addiction
- Feed The Right Wolf - Blog, articles, forum
- Attraction Institute - The Porn/Masturbation/Orgasm (PMO) Reboot thread: SHWING!
- Daily Strength: Sex/Pornography Addiction Support Group - Active forum for sex/porn addicts and their partners.
- Inner Gold - Active forum, blog, videos, counseling, and addiction programs.
- Porn Addiction Info - Active forums for both porn addicts and partners.
- No-Porn.com - Active forums for both porn addicts and partners, recovery materials.
- Through the Flame - Active forums for both porn addicts and their partners.
- Love & freedom project - Free ebook: quit PMO in 30 days
- Omega Man's Resources - List of resources from member of YBR
Non 12-Step Organizations and Sites:
- Mark Queppet - Coach. Visit his vlog.
- Love you, hate the porn - Blog, good info for couples
- Healthysex.com - Professional services, articles. Authors of "The Porn Trap"
- Building the New: - Porn addiction recovery through Mindfulness & Compassion
- Healthystrokes: traumatic masturbation syndrome - If you are a face down (prone) masturbator, you need to follow this link
- www.sexaddictionhelp.co.uk - free self-help recovery resource
- New York Sexual Addiction Center - Offers group therapy for porn addicts, as well as individual counseling
- Wiki on porn recovery - Good tips on avoiding porn and porn recovery.
- Recovery Nation - Workshops for addicts and partners, many articles, links to other resources, coaching.
- The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- Sexual Recovery Institute - Professional services, workshops, articles.
- Pathways Institute for Impulse Control - Professional services, articles
- Rational Recovery - All addictions.
- SMART Recovery® - All addictions. Active forum, online meetings, lots of resources.
- Scoop It: Sex Addiction - Comprehensive collection of curated, up-to-date information regarding addictive/compulsive sexual behavior.
12-Step Based Groups:
- Sexual Addicts Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
- Sexaholics Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous Online Group - Online meetings
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, or SLAA
For the Partners of Addicts:
- Healthysex.com - Promoting Healthy Sex and Intimacy
- PoSARC – Partners of Sex Addicts Resource Center
- COSA - This is the counterpart to Sex Addicts Anonymous.
- Don't Reward Bad Behavior - Blog by porn addict's ex - fiery, but fun (UK)
- Pathways Institute for Impulse Control
- The Porn Trap, By Wendy & Larry Maltz
- Understanding and Treating Sex Addiction, by Paula Hall
- Breaking the Cycle: Free Yourself from Sex Addiction, Porn Obsession, and Shame, by George Collins
- The Brain That Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge
- Love You, Hate the Porn: Healing a Relationship Damaged by Virtual Infidelity, by Mark Chamberlain & Geoff Steurer
- No More Mr. Nice Guy!, by Robert A Glover
- Porned Out: erectile dysfunction, depression, and 7 more (selfish) reasons to quit porn, by Brian McDougal
- "You Are Not Your Brain", by Jeffrey Schwartz, a medical doctor who treats OCD
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness