- Rebooting Basics
- Tools for Change
- Porn FAQs
- ED & Porn
- Gary's Page
Is my erectile dysfunction (ED) related to my porn use?
Submitted by Gary Wilson and... on Wed, 07/06/2011 - 13:04
If you have a porn-related sexual dysfunction, the problem is not in your penis - it's in your brain. First, watch Gary's slideshow presentation Erectile Dysfunction and Porn. If you have chronic porn-induced ED, your brain has undergone an addiction process. So, next watch the Your Brain on Porn series to understand the basic mechanisms behind Internet porn addiction and its various symptoms.
After watching the two video series, read "Start Here", then How long will it take? and finally, "HELP!" Then you will know what to do to reverse your condition, and why. The last several links contain numerous actual self-reports. For longer, more detailed stories of ED recovery, also see rebooting accounts. Also, here are useful tips for long rebooters.
YBOP suggests you see a good doctor to rule out organic causes, dietary deficiencies or hormonal imbalances.
- START HERE: Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction
- How long will it take to recover from Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction?
- HELP! I quit porn, but my potency, genital size, and/or libido are decreasing (Flat-Line)
- How do I know if my ED is porn-related? (TEST)
- Started on Internet porn and my reboot (Erectile Dysfunction) is taking too long
- Young Porn Users Need Longer To Recover Their Mojo
- Any connection between orgasm, abstinence, and testosterone levels?
- Radio Show: The basics of porn-induced ED
- Radio Show: Interview - age 25, porn-induced ED, 9 months to recover.
- Porn-induced ED: Empirical Evidence
- Urologist Andrew Kramer discusses ED (including porn-induced ED)
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Any suggestions for healing delayed ejaculation (DE)?
- What part does anxiety play in ED?
- Unusual masturbation techniques causing problems?
- If I have ED, don't I need to "use it or lose it?"
- Will sexual enhancement drugs help my porn-related ED?
- What if I masturbate (edge) or watch porn without orgasm?
- What stimuli must I avoid during my reboot (did I relapse)?
- Isn't my ED caused by 'sexual exhaustion?'
- What happens when you ejaculate too much?
Rebooting With a Partner
Our Psychology Today Posts on Porn-Induced ED
Porn-Induced ED in the Press
- Scientists: Too Much Internet Porn May Cause Impotence
- The Dr. Oz Show addresess Porn-induced ED
- Reality is not enough exciting: Sweden
- Porning too much? by Robert Taibbi, L.C.S.W.
- Urologist: Pornography can cause erectile dysfunction for young men
- Erection problems from too much porn - Swedish
- Internet porn wrecking conjugal ties in India (PIED)
- Pornography was the only one who got Donald aroused: Swedish
- Middleburry College physician sees rise in ED - blames porn
- Sexual Dysfunction: The Escalating Price of Abusing Porn
- "Addicted to Viagra: They should be at their most virile, but a growing number of young men can’t cope without those little blue pills"
- Does Porn Contribute to ED? by Tyger Latham, Psy.D. in Therapy Matters
- Hardcore corruption of the human hard disk
- He’s Just Not That Into Anyone, By Davy Rothbart
- Did porn warp me forever? (Salon.com)
- The Young Turks discuss porn-induced ED
Articles About Masturbation
- Rethinking the Wonders of Adult Masturbation (our latest & most comprehensive)
- Masturbation, Fantasy and Captivity
- WEIRD Masturbation Habits
- The Right Masturbation Advice
- Are You Exiting the Gene Pool Due to Low Sperm Count or ED?
Basic Physiological Research