- Rebooting Basics
- Tools for Change
- Porn FAQs
- ED & Porn
- ? Studies
Is my erectile dysfunction (ED) related to my porn use?
Submitted by Gary Wilson and... on Wed, 07/06/2011 - 13:04
If you have a porn-related sexual dysfunction, the problem is not in your penis - it's in your brain. First, watch these videos:
- Erectile Dysfunction and Porn
- Adolescent Brain Meets Highspeed Internet Porn (very applicable to young men with ED)
- Next watch the Your Brain on Porn series to understand the basic mechanisms behind Internet porn addiction and its various symptoms.
- Porn-Induced ED Reboot Advice Vlog: Gabe Deem - 13 Minute video by a young man who recovered from severed porn-induced ED
The "START HERE" covers the basics. Make sure you take Porn-related ED test. Everyone wants to know How long will it take? And finally read "HELP!" to prepare for the flatline. Scroll down to Porn-Induced ED Recovery Stories. For longer, more detailed stories of ED recovery, also see rebooting accounts. Also, here are useful tips for long rebooters.
YBOP suggests you see a competent medical professional to rule out psychological issues, dietary deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, or other organic causes.
- START HERE: Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction
- How long will it take to recover from Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction?
- HELP! I quit porn, but my potency, genital size, and/or libido are decreasing (Flat-Line)
- How do I know if my ED is porn-related? (TEST)
- Started on Internet porn and my reboot (Erectile Dysfunction) is taking too long
- Young Porn Users Need Longer To Recover Their Mojo
- Any connection between orgasm, abstinence, and testosterone levels?
- Radio Show: The basics of Porn-induced ED
- Radio Show: Interview - age 25, Porn-induced ED, 9 months for sex (15 months to recover).
- Porn-Induced ED Reboot Advice Vlog: Gabe Deem
- Porn-Induced ED in the Media: Primarily Experts
- Porn-induced ED: Empirical Evidence
- Radio Show: Young Psychiatrist Discusses His Porn-induced ED
- Urologist Andrew Kramer discusses ED (including porn-induced ED)
- Medical doctors who are rebooting (or have rebooted).
- Video by MD: Causes of ED in young men (includes porn)
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Any suggestions for healing delayed ejaculation (DE)?
- Is my premature ejaculation (PE) related to my porn use?
- Do I have to have sex in order to rewire?
- What part does anxiety play in ED?
- Unusual masturbation techniques causing problems?
- What about "Venous Leak"
- If I have ED, don't I need to "use it or lose it?"
- Will sexual enhancement drugs help my porn-related ED?
- What if I masturbate (edge) or watch porn without orgasm?
- What stimuli must I avoid during my reboot (did I relapse)?
- Will a relapse set me back?
- Isn't my ED caused by 'sexual exhaustion?'
- What happens when you ejaculate too much?
- Beware the "Does my penis still work?" cycle. It's a trap.
Rebooting With a Partner:
- Rebooting with a partner: What about sex?
- What do I say to my mate?
- Porn-induced ED: What do I tell my girlfriend?
YBOP Blog Posts on Porn-Induced ED
- Scientists: Too Much Internet Porn May Cause Impotence
- The Dr. Oz Show addresess Porn-induced ED
- Internet Porn and Erectile Dysfunction, by Urologist James Elist, F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S.
- Pornography & Erectile Dysfunction, by Lawrence A. Smiley M.D.
- Does porn cause erectile dysfunction? News report (video) by psychologist Jeff Daly
- Solutions for porn-induced erectile dysfunction, by Sudeepta Varma, MD, Psychiatry
- Dr. Rosalyn Dischiavo on porn-induced ED
- Video by MD: Causes of ED in young men (includes porn)
- Is Porn Destroying Your Sex Life? By Robert Weiss LCSW, CSAT-S
- Why A Sex Therapist Worries About Teens Viewing Internet Porn, by Dr. Aline Zoldbrod
- Seven Sharp with Caroline Cranshaw - The damage caused by internet porn addiction
- Reality is not enough exciting (Swedish), Psychiatrist Goran Sedvallson. urologist Stefan Arver, psychotherapist Inger Björklund
- Porning too much? by Robert Taibbi, L.C.S.W.
- Too Much Internet Porn: The SADD Effect, by Ian Kerner PhD.
- Why porn and masturbation can be too much of a good thing (Dr. Elizabeth Waterman)
- Chris Kraft, Ph.D. - Johns Hopkins sexologist dicusses porn-induced sexual dysfunctions
- Need porn diet for three to five months to get an erection again, Alexandra Katehakis MFT, CSAT-S
- Erectile dysfunction increases among young men, sex therapist Brandy Engler, PhD
- Does Porn Contribute to ED? by Tyger Latham, Psy.D. in Therapy Matters
- Just Can't Get It Up: ZDoggMD.com
- Time-out cures man of Internet porn addiction & ED: CBS video (Dr. Elaine Brady)
- Is “Normal” Porn Watching Affecting Your Manhood? by sexologist Maryline Décarie, M.A.
- Dan Savage answers question about porn-induced ED (12-2013)
- Urologist: Pornography can cause erectile dysfunction for young men
- Erection problems from too much porn - Swedish
- Suffering from ED? This Reason May Surprise You, by Michael S Kaplan, MD
- 'Porn' makes men hopeless in bed: Dr Deepak Jumani, Sexologist Dhananjay Gambhire
- Internet porn wrecking conjugal ties in India (Porn-induced ED), Dr. Narayana Reddy
- Pornography was the only one who got Donald aroused: Swedish
- Middleburry College physician sees rise in ED - blames porn
- Sexual Dysfunction: The Escalating Price of Abusing Porn
- "Addicted to Viagra: They should be at their most virile, but a growing number of young men can’t cope without those little blue pills"
- Is porn addiction on the rise in Bangalore?
- Hardcore corruption of the human hard disk
- Sex & Pancakes: sex advice by Melissa Fuller
- He’s Just Not That Into Anyone, By Davy Rothbart
- Did porn warp me forever? (Salon.com)
- The Young Turks discuss porn-induced ED
- How porn is destroying modern sex lives: Feminist writer Naomi Wolf has an unsettling explanation for why Britons are having less sex
Articles About Masturbation
- Rethinking the Wonders of Adult Masturbation (our latest & most comprehensive)
- Masturbation, Fantasy and Captivity
- WEIRD Masturbation Habits
- The Right Masturbation Advice
- Are You Exiting the Gene Pool Due to Low Sperm Count or ED?
Basic Physiological Research