The NoFap Survival Kit / Mega Motivator
Greetings Fapstronauts, If you're like me, you probably have a hard time finding motivation or wondering where to go during your journey to better yourself. I decided I'm going to put together a "NoFap Survival Kit" to help you through this!
Here are some great videos that have helped me in times of need. There are plenty more out there you'll find.
Sacred Sexuality Channel - A Youtube channel all about nofap.
NoFap Academy YouTube Channel - The official NoFap YouTube channel.
TED Talks: The Great Porn Experiment - a must see for nofappers
Now, this is possibly the most important key to NoFap. Ever find yourself far into NoFap but feeling no effects? Well, there's a reason.
NoFap isn't just about quitting porn (yes, it is the main point but...). NoFap is truely about bettering yourself.
Change who you are. Be a better version of you. Take on new opportunities. Make new friends. Enjoy life in a new way. Here are some things you can do:
- Exercise - Get off of the computer every now and then. Go work out. Go for a jog. Not only will this eradicate urges, it will make you healthier and believe me, you will feel better!. People will start to notice you look better. It will give you an overall high.
- Eat Better - See that bag of chips? Don't even think about it. Go to the kitchen and grab a banana or an apple. Try cooking for yourself instead of grabbing a Big Mac at McDonalds. You'll find it fun, trust me! Plus, it'll impress the ladies wink wink.
- Pick Up Something New - There is so much to do and learn while you're here in this life. Don't waste your time looking at a fake woman on a screen. Make the best out of every moment and do all that you can. At the end of your life you want to be able to look back and say "Damn, I made the most of it and don't regret a thing". Start picking up new hobbies! Take up painting, cooking, read some great books. I highly advise picking up a new language. I started learning Japanese and it was one of the best things I ever did. It opened my eyes to a whole new culture and was super fun. Do what you like!
- Drink tons of water - I know this sounds dumb, but take my word on it. Especially if you feel generally crappy throughout the day, you might not be getting enough to drink. Drink as much as you can whenever you can. You'll feel great. The moment you wake up, drink a glass of water. It'll make waking up so much easier and you'll feel more active. Sleep with some water by your bed.
- Get a good night of sleep - Try going to bed early and waking up early. Shoot for 7-9 hours a night. You'll wake up feeling rested and ready to face the day.
- Meet new people - There's 7 billion people out there. Go make some friends! I know it can be hard, but what's the worst that can happen? If you try, you will make new friends!
- Enjoy the little things in life - "One day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
I will add more to this list later. Put any suggestions in the comments and I will add them!
BENEFITS OF NOFAP
Here's a large list of benefits and noticed changes from NoFap. All credit for this list goes to another Reddit user (account was deleted. Whoever you are, thank you). With all these reasons, why ever look at porn again?
PERSPECTIVE ON LIFE - FEELING MORE ALIVE THAN EVER
- Increased happiness/pride/joy/confidence/calmness
- Happiness is found in simpler things (a walk, a nice meal, music)
- Experiencing more emotions, feeling less numb to life
- Loving/accepting yourself
- Taking a stand for yourself/not backing down/stating your opinion
- Increased hope, a better future always seems obtainable, no matter how difficult things get
SOCIAL INTERACTIONS - BECOME AN ALPHA MALE
- Less social anxiety/fear of judgement
- Initiate conversation more often
- Increased conversational skills/eye contact/smiling
- Increased vocabulary/words come to you more easily
- Feel more in touch with other people (and their emotions)
MORE FOCUSED ON INTERACTION WITH WOMEN
- Real women look more attractive
- More attention to interaction/physical touch than the visual
- Increased motivation to meet/talk to women (butterflies won't go away, but your sex drive will provide a counter-force to overcome them)
- Creation of a magnetic "sexual aura", a sexual energy that attracts more attention from women both known and unknown
- Feel less intimidated in the presence of an attractive woman
- Better sex (enjoying the sex itself, not just pursuing orgasm)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL - THINK CLEARLY, TAKE ACTION AND LOOK GOOD
- Increased determination, energy and productivity (i.e. reading, writing, drawing, working out...)
- Increased quality of sleep
- Better posture/appearance (i.e. by working out + clearer skin, less acne)
- Increased athletic performance (stamina, physical strength
- Deeper/more manly voice
- (Increased vision has been reported by very few people)
- Increased clarity of mind/loss of brain fog
- Increased concentration/focus (i.e. better grades)
- Better decision making (both short- and long-term)
- Improved memory
- Less mood swings
- Better dream recall/more vivid dreams (and possibly more positive dreams)
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER
- The urges to PMO do not go away completely, but you don't feel like acting on them anymore. You just put your energy into doing other things
- Most people undergo a flatline at some (or more) point(s) during this challenge (decreased libido)
- If you do relapse, you are way more likely to be sickened by the extremes in porn you used to find arousing
- Fantasies/old videos still pop up in your head, but it's easier to get rid of them now
- More wet/porn/masturbation dreams
When you want to fap, your brain will come up with some bullshit on why it's ok. "Just one more time to get it out of my system" "I'll start at the end of the weekend" "Just one glance". Nope. This is your downfall. Stay strong!
There has never been a better time in your life to start NoFap than now. You're awesome! You kick ass! We're all here with you and cheering you on, so get out there and be the best you can be.